Thursday, October 06, 2011

Internship Day 16

Oh my goodness today is information overload day leh! There's so many things to Remb!

Learnt the telephone etiquette, room categories, creating guests reservations and the arrival check-in(basics).

So for telephone etiquette because I've alr picked up 2phone calls before so I've an idea how to speak ah. And it goes like this:good morning, this is Liwen from reception, how may I assist you. :)) or to put them on hold tell them is it possible to out you on hold while I look for the information then after that thank you for your patience.

Then the room categories, I must say this training really helps me understand it. We toured Ard the different room categories. The penthouse is oh my goodness. We were split into 3grps to write information about 2rooms that we had the deepest impression.

So there's Fairmont room(C), Signature room north(P) & signature south(H),Deluxe room(D), deluxe harbor view(X), Executive club(E), plaza view suite(B). Deluxe harbor view and executive club are non smoking rooms. The penthouse was damm steady la. It's freaking big. There's a BBQ pit ah. I post the photos.

All signature rooms have king size bed only the rest have both king and double. Then lvl9 is smoking.

We also learn the FO terminology. Like did not check out(dnco) pre block etc

Learnt some shortcut like shift f7 is telephone book. Shift % helps to type partial name like Liwen but I cannot find Liwen so I do that function and search wen like that. Then all names got wen will appear ah.
Control f3 to see the profile search.

Creating reservations was okay caused we learn it in sch before. All reservation type must be credit card guarantee or full deposit received! Then the payment, breakfast plan must fill up.

We have 11frequent flyer program with airlines: American airlines, united airlines, air china, air Canada, Qatar airlines, Cathay pacific, Singapore airlines, Lufthansa, emirates, etihad and Alaska.

We learn to read the various comments also ah. Caused it's short form ma so need to learn how to read them.

Also we learn the different breakfast plans and the newspaper that's available. Financial times got limited so we cannot keep offering them.
International Herald Tribune Sunday don't have so Sunday we send Sunday times. We need to offer IHT or local Straits Time. There's 2japanese paper and 1 Lian he zao bao for Chinese guests. We have biz times and wall street journal.

I think that's all we learn ah. Tml need to bring u notes back to learn alr.
Information overload manzx. Need to rest earlier tonight.

The photos are taken at the penthouse ah. The one with xinyi and Freya is taken at the bathroom. Then the cats are cute right, they always wanna attack Skinny and Zeus but you see they are so closed with each other. Cuddle tgt leh.

Okay bye people. I'll bomb more things tml. :))

No comments: