Monday, October 10, 2011

Internship Day 18&19

So yesterday was totally not my day! I was sick and had to drag myself to work. Then I got reprimanded twice by the same manager and had to ot for an hour.

I was really sad and on the verge of crying but I told myself, seriously how many times I want to cry. How many times have I told myself to be strong. How many times people have be telling me jiayou and encouraging me and comforting me. Wouldn't I be letting around me down when I break down so easily. So I managed to held back my tears. But I think I alr got condemned by two managers alr.

So the story goes like this. A colleague of mine gave xinyi and me a list of rooms and asked us to update te departing time to 12pm so okay, we saw this one room alr had a 4pm check out timing so we were like okay we should ask before we make any changes. So xinyi went to ask the colleague and I also heard her saying okay change the timing to 12pm also. Then when my manager asked me why I change the timing because it was the username I was using edited the tunic so I got reprimanded, I said I asked before I made the changes but the colleague deny saying I didn't ask. So how do you feel if you were in my shoes. Not your fault got reprimanded tried to explain but still you are at fault. So that's the life of an intern because you have to admit to mistake you didn't make.

Then after that the same manager say I was loitering Ard the lobby not dng anything/following my buddy. But u was helping with the Q and my buddy was the colleague. She was busy so I didn't want to be a burden and stay Ard with her what. So forget it.

On a side note I'm really touched that friends and family are always supporting me regardless of how many times I'm complaining. It's like I'm really thankful to everyone who send mentions in twitter. And ESP Amanda la, I was really touched that she took the initiative to message and asked me what happened. She really honor her words leh. When I have any problems she will show her concern for me.  thank you. :))

Anw yesterday I was attached to room controller which every hour we need to print a report every hour from 12pm onwards to see which guests should check out alr but haven't. We will call first if the guests nv pick up then we will go room by room to check if it's alr vacant. If it's vacant then we will raise a DNCO(did not check out) form. Then we will charge the guests for their charges. There's also express check out. we need to block rooms for arrics as well as prepare compendium for VIP guests.

Then today was opera training. We had recap then had check in and check out role play and cashiering practise. We also went through the daily duties then jiu went home and hour earlier. Yay!

Tml last day of training then next week my buddying will start. Hope I get good buddy. Pleaseee.

Okay need to eat bathe and rewrite my training notes before I sleep. :))

No comments: